Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Crystalline Witness

Crystalline witness becomes the poet's eye:
distilled being in a snap
in lightning flashes
that rights words to spark the chain reaction
towards ink-caught thought.

Tell the truth quickly as you snag it -

neither story, lesson, nor log -
just the moment of recognition,
cusp caught, mid synapse, saved vagrants
from loss, drowning or banishment.

Broken shards catch an instant

of chaotic times, impressions, and open world;
mounded fragments stand-in for wholeness,
coarse splinters refracting at all angles
something real, or good, or new.

Copyright 1993 by Roger Sween.

Frist written 10 April 1993 and revised 4 March 2014, I saw this impulse and response as the nature of poetic creation because of the way an image occurred to me and sought expression.

I welcome comments on this post. For personal messages to me, send to my email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment